It’s been a very long time since I have posted. So much going on. It’s already been on helluva year! I wish I had the time right now to do a well thought out post, but that aint going to happen right now. As such, this post is more for me than anything. I REALLY needed to just dump some random thoughts so I have them out where I can see them for future use, or whatever. I am forcing myself to just type without editing. It’ll be hard to ignore my horrible battering of the English language because I am a bit of a perfectionist.
Don’t let my selfishness stop you from reading some of what’s been ping-ponging around in my head for the past few months. And, hit me up with a comment if you feel like it. Thanks in advance.
Random Thoughts of an Internet Marketer in San Diego, CA on June 8, 2010:
- Dad passed in January 2010 from liver failure. Spent all of Christmas and New Year vacation in Peoria, Arizona. What a $hitty experience that was. Very glad to have such a loving family. We really came together. Found out wife was pregnant (not an accident), which was the only real highlight. My Dad knew this before he died, so that was cool given the circumstances.
- Found out we are having a little girl. The day after the doctors told us she had something called Choroid plexus cyst(s), which is a pocket of fluid on the brain. They are a soft-marker for certain types of chromosomal defects like mental retardation and WORSE Trisomy 18, which is pretty much a death sentence. Needless to say we were scared freaking $hitless. shortly thereafter we did learn these are somewhat common soft-markers and do NOT hurt the baby. To be sure all was well, however, we opted to do an amniocentesis AND SHE WAS OK!!! YEAH!!! We could relax. A quick Shout out to Brian Paik in my BJJ class for helping me learn more about this from his own personal experience. So very glad your daughter came out just fine and is thriving. On the same note, we did truly want to have another boy, but seeing how crazy our 2.5 year old is, we are truly excited about having a baby girl in the family. She’ll join us in early September. No names yet, but a few being discussed. I know she’ll be a cutie pie.
- My sister had her first child (a son) in April. His name is Cash and he’s a little chick magnet already. I think I’ll just refer to him as the symbol $. Very proud of my sister and her husband. Good job guys!
- My wife started her own mobile spray tan company named Spray Tan Chic. The site is still very much under construction, but we’ll get that handled soon.
- I went part-time at SpeedyPin.com Phone Cards in April. This is a win-win for SpeedyPin and myself. Don’t want to elaborate, but I love SpeedyPin and they love me back. BIG STUFF coming later in July! W00t! Back to full time? I dunno. However, with part-time comes more time for me to work on a couple of personal projects (1) and (2), as well as a bit of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) consulting for other businesses not in the prepaid phone card niche. I had not done this since prior to joining SpeedyPin in 2003. Kind of nice.
- Promoted to a Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Gracie Barra (pronounced: Gray-cee Ba-ha) has been life changing for me. I am in the best physical shape of my life and have gained a TON more discipline, confidence, respect and yeah… a few more bumps and bruises. LOL! Wouldn’t change anything.
- I really think Pay Per Call advertising is a great way to generate leads, especially for local small and medium businesses. I believe this form of lead generation is going to continue to grow and get RED HOT. People are finally beginning to understand how to utilize this. And, I learned an AWESOME way to target down to a specific keyword and do total keyword list optimization by using multiple phone numbers. I’ll keep this little gem to myself for a while to test it. Maybe I’ll share it? (:
- MAN I HAVE SOOOO MANY entrepreneurial ideas in my head. I just wish I had more money so I could use my time to get into these. I am keeping in mind, however, what Neil Patel says about focusing. Can’t let myself get to distracted. One idea at a time. OK, well maybe two?
- My 5 year old Gateway Laptop finally died on me in June. Although I was tempted to by an imac, I decided I did not have the time to re-learn the mac os. I ended up purchasing an HP Pavilion laptop with an AMD processor. A first on both accounts for me. Liking it so far and Windows 7 ain’t so bad.
- Going to DK’s Purposeinc Think Tank in September 2010 for some business and fun. I think I’ll be helping Cameron Olthuis and crew with the surfing lessons. Did this last year at Think Tank 2009 and had a freaking blast. I also taught Todd Malicoat (StuntDubl) to surf and had just as much fun doing so as did he. Met previously and will meet a lot of very smart, successful and cool people.
I think that should do it for a while. Awwwwwwwwww that feels good to get these thoughts down on paper.
Until next time!